Hemlock is a wonderful place to learn. Our entire staff works diligently and tirelessly to ensure that each student is successful academically as well as becoming a responsible and respectful member of society who has the desire for life long learning. Our teachers have high academic expectations for their students and themselves. They work collaboratively with their colleagues to find new ways to improve their practice to help all students. Thank you for sending your wonderful children to us everyday to learn. We value your trust and respect.
As we look ahead to the school year, Hemlock and all of Vacaville staff is looking at guiding principles and parameters to meet our mission of graduating all students:
- Hope is not a strategy.
- Don’t blame the kids.
- Continue to strive for excellence.
- It’s all about student learning.
- Assurance of good first teaching: check for understanding, student engagement, and a learning objective.
- Professional learning communities and efforts to make more meaningful (collaboration).
- High priority student groups: “Know by name and by need.”
- Operational response to instruction and intervention system.
- A master schedule that reflects the needs of students.
Thank you for visiting our website. We truly look forward to a wonderful and rewarding year for your child. I believe 100% that every child can learn and am looking forward to working with parents and teachers to help their child reach his or her fullest potential and to create a community of adult and student learners at Hemlock. I am bilingual and can be reached via email at LDelRio@Vacavilleusd.org or by calling Hemlock at 453-6245.
Mrs. Del Rio, Principal